meili 发表于 2020-10-28 14:27:28

宁波与诺丁汉缔结友好城市十五周年系列活动启动

" style="visibility: hidden;">

Please scroll down for the English version -
Events to mark 15 years of Nottingham-Ningbo friendship kick-off at UNNC.
10月21日,宁波与诺丁汉缔结友好城市十五周年系列活动启动会暨院校共建学术交流基地揭牌仪式在宁波诺丁汉大学举行。

今年是宁波市和诺丁汉市缔结友好关系15周年,也是两市第一个五年友好交流合作协议收官之年。结好以来,两市在经贸、科技、教育、卫生等领域交流与合作成效显著,友好关系不断深化,已成为中英地方合作的典范。

“双城记”黑板报

“ 诺丁汉与宁波的友谊始于宁波诺丁汉大学,而现在这份友谊已经蔓延至整座城市和社区。
”宁波诺丁汉大学人文社科学院院长Gary RAWNSLEY在发言中说到,“从我们创建宁波诺丁汉大学的这16年以来,宁波发生了翻天覆地的变化,俨然成为了一座全球性的城市,我很高兴能把宁波和诺丁汉都称为我的家。”
Gary RAWNSLEY院长发言

宁波市人民政府外事办公室副主任焦双林出席启动会并致辞。他说,“抗疫情、稳经济、保民生,是我们今后一个时期共同面临的艰巨任务。希望通过此次活动表达两市守望相助、携手前行、共克时艰的美好愿望;也期待不远的将来两市人民能再次会面、共叙友谊。”

据悉,2015年,为纪念缔结好友城市10周年,诺丁汉曾将代表城市形象的罗宾汉雕像1:1复制赠送给宁波,并安放于宁波文化广场。此次恰逢缔结好友城市15周年,宁波诺丁汉大学特别组织《罗宾汉,生生不息》展览,期待通过图片等方式展现罗宾汉传奇故事,使宁波市民对这位来自诺丁汉的英雄有更为深入的认识和了解。

学生参观《罗宾汉,生生不息》展览

现场,宁波博物院院长王力军和宁波诺丁汉大学党委书记应雄还共同为院校共建学术交流基地揭牌。近期双方还将通过云上论坛、系列讲座、主题展览、体验活动四大系列11个活动来全方位展示诺丁汉市与宁波市历史文化,以及两个城市之间的交流与合作。

宁诺党委书记应雄和宁波博物院院长王力军
为院校共建学术交流基地揭牌

Events to mark 15 years of Nottingham-Ningbo friendship kick-off at UNNC

21 October: 2020 marks the 15th anniversary of the formalisation of the Nottingham-Ningbo city friendship. Today, at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), a launch ceremony kicked-off a series of events to celebrate this milestone.

Entitled “A Tale of Two Cities”, the set of activities will incorporate online dialogues, public lectures and exhibitions devoted to culture and history of Ningbo and Nottingham. The events will run until the end of the year.

The launch event saw the participation of representatives from municipal offices, Ningbo Museum and UNNC.

Professor Gary Rawnsley, Dean of UNNC Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, was delighted to host the event. He said: “The first 15 years have been exciting, productive, inspiring, and I am happy to celebrate with you today this important milestone. But it is only the end of the beginning. Now we must move our friendship to the next level, and my colleagues and I look forward to working with you all over the coming months and years to develop a legacy of which we all – from Ningbo and Nottingham – can be proud.”

Shuanglin Jiao, Deputy Director General of Ningbo Foreign Affairs Office expressed his confidence that the two cities would weather the difficult times caused by COVID-19 pandemic and further strengthen ties. “We all face the tough task to defeat the virus, stabilise the economy and protect people’s livelihoods. I do believe these cultural events will strengthen our resolve to tide over this crisis in solidarity.” He said: “I look forward to meeting our friends from Nottingham UK face to face in the near future to deepen our friendly exchange and cooperation.”

Also at the event, a plaque was unveiled to launch an academic cooperation base between UNNC and Ningbo Museum.

Ningbo’s relationship with Nottingham began to flourish in 2004 when UNNC became the first-ever Sino-foreign university to open its gates in China. The following year, UNNC's present campus opened in the Ningbo district of Yinzhou and the two cities established official sister-city status.

文字来源 | 施晶晶,Lily Su, Chuchu Lou
图片来源 | 王飞扬

©Copyright
转载或进一步了解
宁波诺丁汉大学品牌与传媒办公室
commsandmarketing@nottingham.edu.cn
宁波诺丁汉大学
中国第一所中外合作大学
卓越学术 精彩未来
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 宁波与诺丁汉缔结友好城市十五周年系列活动启动